Lina was born in Kuwait to a Lebanese family. She graduated from Beirut University College with a degree in Interior design, before moving back to Kuwait where she worked as an interior designer with leading architects in the Gulf. During this time, she developed a special interest in art and painting. She lived in the Middle East before moving to Geneva, London, later immigrating to Canada. During this time, her interest in painting flourished and drove her to take up drawing, watercolor and oil painting classes at the Alberta College of Art and Design, before moving to Switzerland in 1996. She uses mixed media and is continuously experimenting with new materials and styles. Her subject matter, is constantly evolving, which makes her an exciting, captivating and eternally imaginative artist.
Lina’s recent art shows include:
- American Women’s Club in Zurich, Switzerland, November 2006
- Seedamm Plaza in Pfaffikon, Switzerland, November 2007
- Private showing in Basel Switzerland, July 2008
- Sonjart Gallery, Rapperswil Switzerland, June 2009
- Private showing in Zurich, Switzerland, May 2011
- Private showing in Wollerau, Switzerland, November 2011
Lina also holds workshops in art and creative painting at her studio. She currently lives on the outskirts of Zurich, in Switzerland, with her family and three cats.